The new service from the company, which is the parent of CNN, will be the exclusive home for the cut.
“We’re thrilled to bring it to HBO Max next year. It’s our job to bring big events to this platform,” Bob Greenblatt, the chairman of WarnerMedia entertainment and direct-to-consumer, told CNN Business. “We’re in the event business and I can’t think of a bigger event for people who love these films and this DC Universe than the infamous ‘Snyder Cut.'”
“I’ve decided to take a step back from the movie to be with my family, be with my kids,” he said at the time.
Joss Whedon, the director of Marvel’s “The Avengers” and its first sequel “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” was brought in to complete the movie.
Since then, hard-core fans have agitated online to see Snyder’s version of the film, using the hashtag #ReleasetheSnyderCut. The assumption was that it would be darker than the film that was released given Snyder’s comments and his earlier work, which includes “300” and “Watchmen.”
“I want to thank HBO Max and Warner Brothers for this brave gesture of supporting artists and allowing their true visions to be realized,” Snyder said in a statement on Wednesday. “Also a special thank you to all of those involved in the SnyderCut movement for making this a reality.”
Jason Kilar, WarnerMedia’s new CEO, praised the move on Twitter.
CNN’s Brian Lowry contributed to this report.
Howo Truck Transmission Cherry Repair – three Things To Consider While Choosing The Right Repair Shop
Guide For Hiring Denver IT Support Companies Is The Best Decision You’ll Ever Make