[ad_1]

Pictures: Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service.

Pictures: Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service.

THESE pictures show the extent of the damage caused to a property following a fire involving e-bike batteries.

As reported earlier this week, three people were taken to hospital for smoke inhalation following the blaze in Wakely Road, Kinson.

The fire, which originated in the downstairs hallway, was reported to the fire service at 12.48am on Monday.

It involved lithium batteries.

Fire crews from Redhill, Poole and Westbourne attended the incident.

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said at the time the property had sustained “severe” damage throughout.

Now the fire service has shared photos of the damage caused and issued safety advice around the charging and storage of lithium batteries.

Bournemouth Echo: Damage caused after the fire in Wakely Road. Picture: DWRFS.

Bournemouth Echo: Damage caused after the fire in Wakely Road. Picture: DWRFS.

Damage caused after the fire in Wakely Road. Picture: DWRFS.

A spokesperson said: “E-bikes and e-scooters are becoming increasingly popular, and with that, comes a corresponding fire safety concern due to the charging and storage of them.

“Most are powered by lithium-ion batteries which can be charged in the home.

“On occasion, batteries can fail catastrophically, ‘explode’ and/or lead to a rapidly developing fire.”

Advice includes charging batteries while you are awake, not charging batteries or storing an e-bike or scooter near combustible or flammable materials and buying e-bikes, e-scooters and chargers and batteries from reputable retailers.

To see all the safety advice, visit https://www.dwfire.org.uk/safety/safety-at-home/causes-of-fires/e-bikes-and-e-scooters/?fbclid=IwAR1KBqMRjyf0Bm2-DfmSrOcwLn2Y4oucNaCJWjk1c-wShdH3Cvoh5qb-cWY

[ad_2]

Source link